Happy Birthday to me!!!!  

Posted by Jacqui

Yes, dad's birthday and mine are just a week apart; although some people think that we're just a few years apart - sometimes people think he's my brother! Please don't tell him even if you agree - I don't think I could stand his bragging =)

Anyway, back to my birthday, yay! I had a lovely day.  My day started with a great workout with Coach Terry (highly recommend him!), then a hot shower, and back to bed because I was too cold.  I had a nice mocha (courtesy of my hubby) and oatmeal (courtesy of Starbucks) in bed!  Then my family didn't let me get out of bed for another hour, which by the way included huevo frito (fried eggs - my favorites!), hash browns and steak (leftovers from Raviolis).

We managed to get some school work done in the morning, amidst all the fun.  After lunch and putting Mary and Anthony down for a nap, Natalie, Sofia, Charlie and I headed over to Winco and Holy Angels Book Store in Antioch.  It may sound like no big deal, but one: going to the Catholic store without the little ones is such a treat; and two: I hadn't been to Winco and we now LOVE it!  Besides I was able to get my Red Velvet Birthday Cake!

My wonderful in-laws brought us some Mexican food (I could live on that stuff!), and Vanessa & Mike joined us for dinner and cake.

And let's not forget all the love I received on Facebook, yikes! The messages kept coming, thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart - it truly meant a lot to me!  This is only my second birthday without my momma, so I never know how it's going to turn out.  As always, God comes through and gave me a beautiful day!

Here are some pictures for you!



Did I tell you that I was also serenaded?  Actually this was at the end of the day, but it still counts, right?  That's Mary, Charlie and Anthony - the only ones not taking piano lessons, go figure!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at Thursday, March 10, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

Qué lindas fotos Jaqui, estoy con tu abu viéndolas, un beso para tooooooooodos, están hermosos mis sobrinos ¡nietos! Besos.

March 16, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Anonymous  

Olvidé decirte que era yo tu tía carmen. Los quiero mucho.

March 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Post a Comment